Friday, March 4, 2011

What I learned in Technoprenuership1

Last first semester I took Technopreneurship 1 as one of my subject in my course Bachelor of Science in Information Technology under Institute of Computing. At first I don’t really know how Technopreneurship 1 would help us being an IT student; does it have an importance to us as we graduated? But in the end of the semester I realized the significance of having a Technopreneurship 1 subject and as time goes by I was just amazed that I have learned a lot about from it which could be very helpful when I reach the state of graduation. I don’t have even imagined that this kind of subject will help me in a great deal. As time passes by I just imagined myself that I would be the owner of my business someday. After the one semester of taking the subject Technopreneurship 1, I never stopped thinking what I would be after I graduated in my course Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or BSIT, would I be an employer or an owner of any technology based business. Below are my experiences or the outcomes I have while studying the subject matter Technopreneurship 1. 


First was in the first days of our discussion, I can’t forget the words that always I hear on that subject, to be an employer and not to be an employee someday. I was thinking why our professor always guides us to that way. He even presented inspirational movies that would definitely give u s an idea to be what he wants us to be someday. After he had differentiate the idea of being an employer, I just realized that I have to be what it takes to be a successful Technopreneur in the near future, well I hope so. 


As I what I have learned about Technopreneurship 1, Technopreneurship deals about the collaboration or the relationship between the technology and the entrepreneur. As we all know that nowadays technology has an important role in our daily life especially when it is applied in a business or in an entrepreneur business. When we say Technopreneurship it is about applying a technology in your own business. I learned also that Technopreneurship itself study the nature of making or having a business with the connection of the innovative technology today. I also learned that having a Technopreneur business is not that easy to get or to achieved, you should be prepared to face the trials and some obstacles along the way. 


I also learned that being a successful Technopreneur, knowledge and skills are not enough. You need to be ready emotionally and do have a good communication with others through developing individual’s personality traits. There was a time that we need to test our self if we are capable of having such technology businesses. With that response, I need to understand what a personality trait really means. When I hear the word personality traits one thing that comes up in my mind is that, what is a personality trait? For me when we say personality traits it implies to your personality on how you deal or communicate other people through your emotional traits, intellectual traits and etc. I learned that in order to be a good Technopreneur one thing you have in yourself is to have a good personality trait to your client or customers, so that you can easily get their trust if you have these good personality traits.


Taking through the process, I learned that we can do improvements of our personality traits. First, Become a good listener. It makes a person to feel better when you look them with a great attitude of listening and learning from their words, it could be even nicer if you show more interest in knowing what they speak and when you hang on these words. Second, Reading new things that widen your area of interest. Helps you to know many unknown facts of life, also provides you wide opportunities to develop yourself and to exchange your thought and views with others. Third is by having a Good Knowledge. This builds up confidence in you and also as a result, people who speak with you will be having a good image of yours. Be a good conversationalist always. Don’t shy and stand backwards, it loses some of the great opportunities, which indirectly hinder your overall personality development. Lastly is having the attitude of respect. Respect is very important personal traits to possess, because it being a respectful or being showing politeness to others will lead you to a good person.


After taking the personality traits test is that, I found that taking up this PT or Personal Traits test is like a taking an examination where you answer each of the question through focusing your mind and be in yourself. As I have mentioned above what is personality traits test all about, it assess your personality, and truly personality gives a very important role especially in Technopreneurship. I am now erudite that having a good personality in a business or in a Technopreneurship will lead you to a result of being successfully and competitive in your selected field. And it is important for a Technopreneur to develop these personal traits because each trait has collaboration for the success or achieving your goals and purposes of having a business.


I was very much amazed when our professor gave us a chance to watch the movie Pirates of the Silicon Valley. I have learned a lot from it, it’s very inspiring especially for me who has currently taking up the related course in line with technology. I was inspired with the life of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. It funny how the two make it to the point of success, through some certain circumstances came but still their ability to rise again after the rain leads them to success. I learned that being a Technopreneur must have capability of taking risks, have a trust in own self. A good Technopreneur must be ready to face challenges and open-minded to make solutions out of it. I also learned that to be like Bill Gates, you must set priorities and knowledgeable enough to find new things. Lastly, when the time that you have already reach the peak of success; you don’t have to be arrogant and boastful, you need to keep your feet on the ground and stay the same as what you are before. 


I also read the commencement address of Steve Jobs in one of the finest universities in the whole wide world. It feels so surprising and amazing that Steve Jobs will be on his position now after I read the life story of him. I can’t believe that he will be as successful as that way despite the fact that he doesn’t have graduated in college and the worst thing is he was a dropped out student at that time. I knew that Jobs got through the journey from being a dropped out from college to a successful and richest man in his decades. I thought that Steve Jobs was a person, who smartly thinks of his decisions every time he makes a decision but in his Commencement Address of him, it made me think a different Steve Jobs.


I learned that not all failure will lead you into nowhere in this world, like in Jobs life. Who have thought that he can make the Macintosh computer that has a beautiful and wonderful typography without taking regular classes because he was dropped out by the school he was enrolled with? That situation had leaded him a way to build or create the Apple Company and become the finest, leading and top companies that manufactures a technology gadget up to now, especially in computers. As what have been stated in his life story,” you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards”. It this statement it make a big impact to me, that you need to trust in yourself whatever happened, whatever trials and problems that come into your life; don’t let yourself down but just continue because that trials and problems you have faces will somehow connect in your future.


He also had taken through pain during his success, the love and loss of his life. Although Jobs had loss something which makes him happy, but he never lose faith and determination to pull off it again. Through in his love and loss of his life I learned that once you have a thing that you love to do and eventually it loss, do not lose your faith and determination but instead just move on, we’ll never know what would happened next whether it would be positive or negative, just have will in God.

There was a moment on his life that he almost faced the end of his life in this world. It just came to the point that he stated this words “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right”. It made me think that in our daily life, we should make every minute and second very valuable because we will never know what would be happened next unto you, and the most important is that you have the courage to follow your heart and perception to yourself. As what have Steve Jobs says” If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today”, in this statement, I can only say that never be afraid of dying but instead be ready to face it. We all know that our time here in this world is only limited, so we should not waste it. 
Above all, the most important lessons I learned from the Commencement Address of Steve Jobs is that be humble in all the things that you want to do. Never limit yourself and try to discover the thing that makes you happy. As what have Steve Jobs says “Stay hungry and Stay foolish”.


At the last part of our discussion, we had given the task to have a proposal about techno-businesses. Under of this techno-business that we are going to propose, it should have a nature of it, its prospect clients and beneficiaries. In order to formulate any business, we need to rely on our personal interests. With that matter, we used the LOVE, LIKE and HATE theory. Everyone on the group must be fit on the business; we must take the task of compiling our personal interests enable for us to generate a business proposal plan. From there, I learned that you need to comprehend aspects on your personal life to make any business. I learned also that in order to come up an approve proposal along with your group, the ideas of everyone must be coincide and make it as one. So we had generated a business proposal which has a name of Public Utility Bus with machine or PUB w/Machine. The business proposal talks about having a innovated public utility bus which has a built in machine. The people who will travel with the use of the said bus will no longer have a long time to manage communication with the driver. The machine itself has the ability to ask the buttons that acts as the moving task of the bus. The machine can also manage collections of money of the passengers. 


All of the experiences said above are the experience I have when I had took the subject Technopreneurship 1. Though I find this subject very tired out but still I need to overcome all of it in order to reach the success in my studies. Looking back on the things I have written, I can say that I have learned a lot, not just in educational matters as well as in reality. And now after taking up the Technopreneurship 1, I can apply all my learning in my life and make changes as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment